Good morning! It’s been a hot minute since I shared over here about life and all the things. I started a Fresh Life Flourish Instagram page and it’s just SO much easier than writing a full blog post. But I still love sharing here. Follow me over there for daily inspiration!
I wanted to share my Morning Routine with you guys as it has made a HUGE difference in my life. I wake up everyday with more enthusiasm and drive. I no longer sluggishly get out of bed but get up earlier, knowing that I have my morning routine to look forward to. All of this was inspired from The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. This book is all about how morning routines can transform your life from your production at work, your family and overall happiness. Everyone’s “miracle morning” looks different but here is what I have found works for me.
- Go to Bed with Positivity- I go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. I go to sleep at 10am and wake up at 6am. This allows me 8 hours of sleep and enough time to myself in the morning before I need to get ready for work. My “Miracle morning” is from 6:30-7:15am. I also lay down and think about all the exciting things for the next day. If you go to bed dreading waking up, you will dread waking up.
- Wake Up Alert- When my alarm goes off at 6am- I get out of bed. I don’t hit snooze. The minute you hit snooze, you are already messing with your mood and sleep pattern. Going back to sleep for 10 minutes will only make you more tired. We all know this but in order to stop this habit you have to be intentional. Plug your phone in across the room or set a different alarm from your phone that you have to get out of bed and turn off.
- Shower & Get Ready- I turn on the shower right away. You don’t have to do this but I have found that showering and getting ready first thing helps me wake up but also now I don’t have to rush through my personal time. I get ready and then whatever time I have leftover is all for my personal development.
- Water & Coffee- Once I’m ready, I go to the kitchen and pour a large glass of water while my Keurig is heating up. I drink 16oz of water first, then I drink my coffee. When you wake up, you are already dehydrated so drinking water first will get your brain and body re-hydrated.
- Reading- I get my book and journal and go to a quiet place. Sometimes my back porch, sometimes my yoga mat- whatever is comfortable for you. I like to also wear a cozy sweater because sometimes mornings are just cold and a sweater makes you feel all comfy. I then read for 15 minutes either in my devotional or a book I’m reading that inspires me.
- Gratitude & Prayers- I write down my prayers and 5-10 things I’m grateful for. Writing anything is so helpful for your mind to process your feelings. Plus getting things out on paper helps you see the reality of your life. There is SO much to be grateful for and seeing it written down is so inspiring!
- Stretch & Meditate- I get out my yoga mat and practice 5-15 minutes of stretching and/or meditating on the day. Setting an intention and positive mindset for the day will help you envision the future and bring positivity to your life. I love Yoga with Adriene. She has tons of free yoga videos and they are anywhere from 7-30 minutes depending on what you need!
- Write Down Goals & Action Steps– Simply having a “to-do” list is great for organization and to help you stay on track but sometimes the “doing” isn’t as exciting as the “goals”. Instead of a “to-do” list, write down a daily/weekly goal list! Then write “action steps” which are really your to-do’s to get there.
Ready to transform your morning? What is getting in the way? Do you need to wake up earlier? You may need to go to bed earlier. Do you need to buy a journal? Or a goal sheet? Look at your morning routine and see how you can upgrade it to a miracle morning!