Good morning and Happy Monday!
I know a lot of people had kids start back to school or teachers went back to work today. But the nice thing about living on the gulf coast is that Summer doesn’t end for a while. The heat sticks around and the weekends on the water are still plentiful. But sometimes the Monday blues get to us.
While I know Monday blues are real and people struggle to get excited about going back to work on Mondays, how can we keep from this constant struggle of Monday blues? It’s almost as if we waste our time being sad about the idea of Monday. What if Monday started being something we looked forward to? What would you have to do to make that a real thing? Here are some of my tips to fighting the Monday blues.
- Do something on Sunday that is fun and doesn’t feel like the weekend is coming to an end (we went for a long bike ride last night)
- Meal Prep! Having food ready for the week makes Monday’s start off so much better. Even if you only have time to make 1 lunch it will start your week off better. (Meal prep ideas: 1 Hour Food Prep)
- Plan something mid-week to look forward to like a glass of wine with your friend for happy hour or a date by yourself to read a book and drink coffee at a local coffee shop
- Set up your coffee Sunday night so you don’t have to make it Monday morning!
- Wake up earlier on Monday- even if it’s 10 minutes to stretch, meditate and set an intention for your day- I promise it will make a difference!
- Write your “to-do” list for Monday on Sunday so you already feel prepared
- Schedule a fun fitness class for Monday (maybe even invite a friend!)
- Write down a motivating quote, one-liner or scripture on a post-it note and put it in your car so it’s the first thing you see on your drive to work. If you stay at home, put it at your desk or on your bathroom mirror- whatever works for you!
- Listen to a podcast or your favorite Spotify playlist to get you pumped for the day
- Send an encouraging text to a friend or family member Monday morning to wish them a Happy Monday- when you spread positivity you will get it back!
I love Gretchen Rubin (author of The Happiness Project) and her podcast with her sister Elizabeth is fun, full of helpful tips and encourages you with overall positivity. I’ve been a fan of this podcast for a while, it’s a great listen while you run errands in the car or while on a walk outside.
Motivating Spotify Playlist
I love listening to this Mellow Beats playlist on Spotify because it pumps you up to work and get focused but without the words to distract you.
Happy Monday to you and I hope these tips will help you kick the “Mondays Blues” to the curb and embrace a new week!