Today has been pretty uneventful around here. I spent all morning doing laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping. I wanted to share my weekly meals and grocery saving tips with you this week!
My meal plan for the week.
Monday- Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Tuesday- Pesto Tomato Chicken with Couscous & Asparagus
Wednesday- teriyaki Salmon with Veggies & Brown Rice
Thursday- BBQ Wings + Sweet Potato Wedges
Saturday- Out to Eat
Sunday- Cobb Salads
Some of you have asked what I use to clean my produce and here is the recipe:
Mix equal parts of:
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
I put mine in a big bowl and use it as a basin to wash and soak my produce. I soak the produce for 5 minutes and then rinse and dry. You can also add the solution to a spray bottle and spray it on the produce, let it sit for 5 minutes and then rinse it off. Learn more about the properties of the cleaner here.
Look at the water after washing some of the vegetables. Yuck! Even if you do buy organic you should still wash your produce. Research says that even packaged lettuce that has been washed can have fecal matter on it!
Freshly cleaned produce! Doesn’t it look good and shiny? Also I got all of that produce plus other items (onions, sweet potatoes, etc) for $13.00!
Before heading to the grocery store I browsed the deals online. I’m going to share three stores that I know are popular in the south and their deals this week!
Publix had great deals when I went there today. Here are some that I found and you can find more that fit your needs here.
- Horizon Organic Milk- 10 for $10.00
- Perdue Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts- $3.99 lb
- Mangoes- 10 for $10.00
- Strawberries or Red Raspberries- 2 for $ 5.00
- Fresh Express Salad Kits- Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Hass Avocados- 10 for $10.00
- Flatout Bread- Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Hunt’s Tomatoes- Buy 1 Get 1Free
- Thomas English Muffins- Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Bumblebee Tuna- Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Emerald Almonds- Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt 4pk- 2 for $5.00
I’m just going to say, I really miss Kroger since we moved. There are so many deals this week but here are some that I liked.
- Strawberries- $1.99
- Sweet Corn- 3 for $1.00
- Chobani- 10 for $10.00
- Arnold Bread- Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Hillshire Deli Meat- 2 for $6.00
- Bird’s Eye Vegetables- 3 for $5.00
- Organic Milk- $2.99
- Kashi Cereal- $2.99
- Blue Diamond Almond Milk- $2.99
- Hass Avocados- 10 for $10.00
- Wonderful Almonds- $2.99
- Organic Kale- $1.99
- Larabar and Uberbar- 10 for $10.00
The Whole Foods “Whole Deal” has over $49.00 in savings right now. Here are some to sample and you can find the rest here.
- $1.00 off (2) So Delicious dairy free products
- $.50 cents off (1) Back to Nature crackers or cookies
- $1.50 off (2) Nature’s Path Granola Bars or Love Crunch Granola
- $1.00 off (1) Earth Balance Nut Butter
- $1.00 off (2) Kashi Box Cereal
- $1.00 off (3) Larabars
- $5.00 off (1) Vega One Protein
- $.50 cents off (1) Everyday Value Couscous
Don’t forget to find a local farmer’s market to save money on your produce!
Where do you do your grocery shopping? What is your favorite place to buy groceries?
See you tomorrow with my recipe for Healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps!